Have a tech strategy in place or you’ll be quickly left behind
Connected devices, particularly for fitness, were one of the biggest themes at this year’s Mobile World Conference.
Many industries are investing in truly understanding their customers as individuals. Are you?
For example, Under Armour unveiled a four-piece equipment set called HealthBox that includes a weigh scale, fitness band, heart rate tracker and smartphone app. The system also recommends workouts based on the user’s diet. Despite being known as an athletic brand, Under Armour is diving into health and wellness with this digital health product.
Consumers are attracted to the most-intelligent brands today—so make sure you’re one of them.
Here are some thought-provoking questions to help you assess where you are and where you could go:
1. Do you have a strategic digital marketing plan in place? Does it include video, tours and experiential elements of your brand, products and services?
2. Can members check in, plus track their fitness usage and results on their smartphones?
3. Does your software allow for auto communication with your members and potential members?
4. Can members easily access their membership information, receipts and usage stats, as well as change forms and make bookings—all online?
5. Is your equipment interactive? Can members track and save their workouts, store their program specifics, and measure their output and results?
6. Do your members have online social networking opportunities to make connections and find workout partners?
7. Do your members receive motivational auto emails?
8. Does your brand allow virtual coaching for training and nutrition?
9. Is your fitness assessment gathering the information required to customize your members’ programs for accelerated results?
10. Are your team members engaged in e-learning or virtual training?
11. Do you have a human resources tool kit that tracks your employees’ performances and results?
12. Does your club have a customized mobile app?
Work with your software and equipment providers to customize the club experience for your members. Increasing your brand equity by being tech savvy will always create more sales and better retention.