Every year, the American College of Sports Medicine polls 3000 fitness leaders to get their vote on the current their predictions.
As an equipment vendor and educational organization, we are impacted in similar ways as you are as fitness operator.
I am sure you have seen these trends, and now that we are 1/3 through 2016, the question how can you take advantage of them?
1. Wearable Technology: Does your equipment have compatibility with fitness trackers, and is this relevant to your offering?
2. Body Weight Training: Is this part of your programming and offering, to whom and how?
3. High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT): We know HIIT. But what about protocol? How long work, how long rest, for whom and what are anticipated results. What is the science behind this, how can we offer it safely and most importantly attract patrons?
4. Strength Training. As many centers look to cater to older adults, what is the programming and benefits to offering strength training. Here is a great article on a break through study: http://bit.ly/1XSXojT
5. Educated and Experienced Fitness Professionals. Organizations rely on trainers/instructors to bring their own certifications to the workplace. Is there a feasible way to offer programming so program design is standardized?
6. Personal Training. You know PT. How does it need to be promoted and offered to be most attractive?
7. Functional Fitness. Offering fitness today is more than just strength and cardio, but also incorporates balance, coordination, agility, mobility and conditioning. How are these different? How can they be offered to different populations?
8. Fitness Programs for Older Adults. Please consider these 3 words: Accommodating Functional Movement. This should be the backbone of your offering to older adults.
9. Exercise and Weight Loss. How can this message be delivered without being lost in the information overload your community is getting on the subject?
10. Yoga. How to integrate and not fall into the trap of offering like everyone else?
Asking the right questions leads to answers.
Let’s connect to discuss some of the potential answers.