We all know that running a fitness business is tough enough without having to worry about the health and well-being of your website too. Unfortunately, having a great website is essential to your success as it is the first place your potential members will look to see if they want a membership.
Then the question becomes what can you do to determine how you website is doing without any graphic design or technical knowledge? More importantly, how can you do this without spending any money?
Copied below are some free tools you can use to determine how your brand is being received online.
1. Google Speed Insights – Having a website that loads slowly can be detrimental to your business. Therefore use this free tool to access and quantify how fast your site is loading. If you receive a score under 70%, have a look at Google’s recommended fixes.
2. Broken Links – Everyone hates broken links on a website, but there often hard to spot or identify. By using W3 Validator you can assess what is broken on your website.
3. Bing & Google –Staying in shape, requires constant maintenance, and it is the same with your website. An easy way to maintain the health of your website is to sign up for Bing & Google Webmaster Tools, and have a health report emailed to you every week.
4. Social Media – Assess how affective you are on your company’s social media profiles by using Klout, a service which measures your influence based on your ability to drive action on your social networks.
5. Different Browsers – We often forget that people view our website on many different browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, etc. Therefore, have your staff view your website on these different browsers and ask them if they notice any problems.
Additionally, have your staff view your website on their mobile phones and tablets, and report back. Since tablet sales are massively overtaking the sale of personal computers, your mobile website has to look good. The best and ultimate solution is to have a responsive website that automatically resizes on any device that your website it viewed on.
If you currently don’t have a strong web presence, or are looking to increase your web presence, ensure your club(s) are listed on FitnessFind.ca with an advanced listing. In addition if you currently don’t have a website, or are looking to give your website a fresh look, contact FitnessFindWebsites– the leaders in creating websites specific to fitness facilities.
Sincerely,Brian Gibank President FitnessFind.ca
Toll Free: 1.888.920.6537
Mill Pond Publishing Inc.
30 Mill Pond Drive
Georgetown, ON L7G 4S6